Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Morning After

This morning I hit a new chocolate high (or low, depending on how you see things).

Let me back up. Last night Aaron was part of an art exhibit connected to one of his classes out at IUS. In the planning process among the art students, the idea of having chocolate at the event emerged because the event was to be held at River City Winery and what goes better with wine than chocolate. Said son had gifted me a chocolate fountain a few years back (not sure if this gift was because I am among the bigger chocoholics in the world or because he is too and his high school graduation was coming up and, hmmm, we used the fountain at his open house. Sounds suspicious. Anyway, I digress.) So...he volunteered the use of the fountain which meant I would be overseeing the chocolate the whole night because, well, no one messes with my fountain because I would be pretty unhappy should something happen to it. If you've ever manned a chocolate fountain you know that at the end of the night, you have a ton of leftover chocolate because as you know your guests can't eat all the chocolate. There has to be chocolate so the fountain can run.
So last night I brought the leftover chocolate home and spread it out on a cookie sheet to harden so I can use it some other way. There is no wasted chocolate on my watch! This morning, I made my tea and added my favorite creamer (more on that in a future blog. all i have to say right now is "thanks, dad!"). Well, that chocolate was just sitting there staring at me. Before I could stop myself, I snapped off a piece and plopped it in my tea. I experienced a whole new tea heaven. It just might become a habit.

2 comments:

7redz said...

Would you believe I just bought a chocolate fountain? It was delivered about a month ago and we can't wait to use it. And now I know I have the leftovers to look forward too! Yes "thanks dad"! BTW, we just got the IUS advertisement for this exhibition with Aaron's picture on it today! So nice!

7redz said...

btw, does this mean you found the iphone blogger app? nice eh!?!