Saturday, August 30, 2008

Tres Bien

The kids are gone. After spending a few days coming to terms with the empty house, I had to decide if I was ready to travel. Brian had a trip with two one-day layovers in Paris with two days in between. OK, let's see. Stay home alone to cry in my soup or four days in Paris. No brainer! Paris it was and Paris was great. Had beautiful weather. Sunny but not hot. I visited Notre Dame, the Latin Quarter, St. Chapelle, Montmarte, Sacre Coere, the Lourve, Musse d'Orsay, Musee d.Orangerie, Musee Carnavelet, the Mairais section, Hotel Sully, Victor Hugo's House, and of course, the Eiffel tower and walked past many other places of interest. My favorites were St. Chapelle with it's breathtaking windows and Musee d'Orangerie with it's oval rooms of Monet's fantastic large scale water lilies. Although Musee d'Orsay runs a close second. I survived the two nights at the hostel with no air conditioning, very little water pressure, and two roommates who snored LOUDLY (otherwise it was clean and pleasant and I felt safe). I would love to go back and visit a few other places and do some other outlying areas like Normandy, Versailles, and Monet's house and gardens. Maybe another time.





The Louvre at night.

1 comment:

7redz said...

Cooooooool PIC!!!!